[OT] [Altrok] Update #131: New Currents, Rediscovered Classics, And Ads...Or Not.

hubcity@... hubcity@...
Tue Sep 26 13:30:20 CEST 2006

Folks,

Firstly, the important stuff:

Altrok Radio is at http://www.altrokradio.com

Please remember to tune in whenever you can - every hour you listen turns into more visibility for the station; we show up higher in search listings, and such like that.  And if you'd like to help us keep the stream running, check out the advertisers if they appeal to you; your interest actually helps fund us.

Now then, to be clear: Altrok Radio is free to listen to, and will be for as long as I can manage it.

But if you'd like to listen without advertising (we'll interrupt occasionally to tell you what's coming up on the station) there's a VIP program run by Live365.  When you're a VIP, you get access to the commercial-free version of the station, plus all the ads on their website go away.  Cost is actually pretty reasonable; the roughly-$15-every-three-months plan seems to be the most popular option.  Here's the link if you're interested:

http://www.live365.com/rewards/pm?tag=muddychannel

And yes, we get a small kickback on that - $1.50 when you sign up, and a penny or so about every three hours you listen.  Not much, but we're a pretty lean operation; we'll take what we can get.

All that said, bet you're wondering what those new songs we've added are...

This week, our Grinders (the stuff we play heavily) include music from:

 - Shiny Toy Guns
 - The Hold Steady
 - The Church
 - Michael Franti & Spearhead
 - Shut Your Eyes And You'll Burst Into Flames
 - Something For Rockets

Plus we've got newly-added music:

 - The Bound Stems - Refuse the Refuse - Appreciation Night
 - Colourfast - Walk - Save The World
 - Evangelicals - Here Comes Trouble - So Gone
 - Favourite Sons - Hang On Girl - Down Beside Your Beauty
 - The Features - Wooden Heart - Interior Demonstration
 - Head Like A Kite - Noisy At The Circus - Random Portraits Of The Home Movie
 - IMA Robot - Cool Cool Universe - Monument To The Masses
 - Jihad Jerry And The Evildoers - Danger - Mine Is Not A Holy War
 - Milburn - Cheshire Cat Smile - Well Well Well
 - The Oohlas - Gone - Best Stop Pop
 - The Receiver - In Tunnels - Decades
 - The Sharp Ease - Hands - Remain Instant
 - Takka Takka - We Feel Safer At Night - We Feel Safer At Night
 - Teitur - Thief About To Break In - Stay Under The Stars
 - Tigers Can Bite You - Rough Stuff - Downloadable Single
 - TV On The Radio - Blues From Down Here - Return To Cookie Mountain

Our Newly-Added Classics:

 - Elvis Costello - Party Party - Party Party [OST]
 - Killing Joke - Kings And Queens - Night Time
 - Max Q - Way Of The World (12'' Mix) - 12'' Single
 - Morphine - Super Sex - Yes
 - Ned's Atomic Dustbin - Kill Your Television - God Fodder
 - Jonathan Richman - Government Center - Beserkley Chartbusters Volume 1
 - Siouxsie And The Banshees - Dazzle - Hyaena
 - Soup Dragons - Divine Thing - Hotwired
 - Swinging Pistons - I Love The Sound Of Machines - 12'' Single

As always, thanks for listening!

- Sean Carolan
  Altrok Radio
  On your computer now at http://www.altrokradio.com
  On the radio Fridays at 10pm, at 90.5 The Night