A Peel Sessioner and Festive 50 Band Hangs It Up

Erik worldopeek@...
Sat Sep 23 21:14:48 CEST 2006

>From a bulletin I received via Myspace from the Golden Virgins:

The Golden Virgins will be playing their last ever gig on Friday
27th October. The show is going to be at Independent (ex Bar36),
Holmeside, Sunderland and tickets are priced £4.00

Rather than blaming the split on the time-honoured "musical and
personal differences" we are citing a mixture of "lethargy,
alcoholism and a deep-seated hatred of the music industry."

It has been a great journey which has seen us :

Release 5 singles and 1 album

Play Glastonbury festival, Leeds & Reading festivals & T-in the park
Festival.

Record a session for the legendary John Peel.

Record a Steve Lamacq BBC Radio 1 session.

Record a TV performance of 'Light In Her Window' for Colin and
Edith's Glastonbury Calling 2004 show.

Toured the length of the country (at one time being supported by a
little known act called Hard-Fi !)