[OT] [Altrok] Update #129: Listen For Free, Or Help Us And Be A VIP

hubcity@... hubcity@...
Mon Sep 11 15:07:54 CEST 2006

Folks,

Firstly, the important stuff:

Altrok Radio is at http://www.altrokradio.com

Please remember to tune in whenever you can - every hour you listen turns into more visibility for the station; we show up higher in search listings, and such like that.  And if you'd like to help us keep the stream running, check out the advertisers if they appeal to you; your interest actually helps fund us.

Now then, to be clear: Altrok Radio is free to listen to, and will be for as long as I can manage it.

But if you'd like to listen without advertising (we'll still interrupt occasionally to tell you what's coming up on the station) there's a VIP program run by Live365.  When you're a VIP, you get access to the commercial-free version of the station, plus all the ads on their website go away.  Cost is actually pretty reasonable; the roughly-$15-every-three-months plan seems to be the most popular option.  Here's the link if you're interested:

http://www.live365.com/rewards/pm?tag=muddychannel

And yes, we get a small kickback on that - $1.50 when you sign up, and a penny or so about every three hours you listen.  Not much, but we're a pretty lean operation; we'll take what we can get.

All that said, bet you're wondering what those new songs we've added are...

This week, our Grinders (the stuff we play heavily) include music from:

 - Assembly Now
 - Rogers Sisters, The
 - Rakes, The
 - Lemonheads, The
 - New York Dolls, The
 - Thermals, The

Plus we've got newly-added music:

 - Asobi Seksu - Pink Cloud Tracing Paper - Citrus
 - Black Keys, The - Your Touch - Magic Potion
 - Blakes, The - Don't Bother Me - Modern Man
 - Brakes - Sometimes Always (with The Pipettes) - Give Blood
 - Broadcast - Still Feels Like Tears - Future Crayon
 - Church, The - Unified Field - Uninvited, Like the Clouds
 - Damnwells, The - Accidental Man - Air Stereo
 - Duels - Things - The Bright Lights And What I Should Have Learned
 - Hitchcock, Robyn - Adventure Rocket Ship - Ole! Tarantula
 - Hold Steady, The - Chips Ahoy! - Boys And Girls In America
 - Lilys - Black Carpet Magic - Everything Wrong Is Imaginary
 - New Young Pony Club - The Get Go - CD Single
 - Rapture, The - Get Myself Into It - Advance Single

Our Newly-Added Classics:

 - Dramarama - Anything, Anything (I'll Give You) - Cinema Verite
 - Eat - Fatman - Sell Me A God
 - Fall, The - No Bulbs - Call For Escape Route EP
 - Game Theory - I've Tried Subtlety - The Big Shot Chronicles
 - Garbage - Vow (Torn Apart) - CD Single
 - The Jim Carroll Band - People Who Died - Catholic Boy
 - Joy Division - She's Lost Control - 12'' Single
 - Ministry - All Day - 12'' Single

As always, thanks for listening!

- Sean Carolan
  Altrok Radio
  On your computer now at http://www.altrokradio.com
  On the radio Fridays at 10pm, at 90.5 The Night