[peel] Re: Who here can relate??

ROGER CARRUTHERS roger.carruthers@...
Wed Nov 15 12:13:33 CET 2006

I agree; save your money and connect a decent
turntable via a decent sound-card. Vinyl is too
precious a thing to squander on convenient gadgets ;-)
 As for getting rid of clicks, I have been very
impressed with a thing called ClickRepair (neat name,
huh?) from
http://wwwmaths.anu.edu.au/~briand/sound/
 I've been using it on a Mac, but it's available for
Windows too, and the algorithm it uses is pretty damn
sweet. Even just using the presets, it cleans things
up really nicely with no discernable artefacts. Well
worth the shareware fee, imho,
cheers
Roger

PS. Am I the only one here who still can't bring
himself to get rid of his vinyl, even after digitising
them ?