Dandelion Radio

djsilverheels djhc2@...
Sun May 28 12:32:46 CEST 2006

It's great that there is another Peel-inspired music source out
there - and such a diverse one. Do other readers of this group agree
with me that since Peel's death, there might be more to be said for
continuing his search for new and exciting music, than on trying to
track down a Delta 5 session from 1979? Not that I'm not up for
that, it's just that Peel seemed to be all about new music, rather
than nostalgia. Dandelion Radio will be a great contribution to that
side of things.

The only thing I wish was that it could be available as a podcast -
something I wish Marcelle could do with Another Nice Mess. Listening
at the computer is not always easy.

Do others on the list realize there are loads of Peel-inspired
podcasts available on-line? These have been keeping me going for
months, and are often exceptionally good. If you want
recommendations I sincerely think Peel would be proud of can I
suggest

The Contrast Podcast (contributions from music bloggers & podcasters
from all over the world) - 1 hour weekly
http://www.timyoung.net/contrast

Short Attention Span Radio (Peel would like this) - 45 mins
fortnightly
http://sasradio.blogspot.com/

The Yank Sizzler (What Peel apparently called American tracks he
like - from Kansas) - 1 hour about fortnightly
http://theyanksizzler.libsyn.com/

Not Your Usual Bollocks (excellent, London based, fronted by a Kiwi,
but regrettably becoming less frequent than the original weekly
show) - 1 hour
http://notyourusualbollocks.squarespace.com/

Brentwood's Only Alternative - new from Essex, 1 hour, but great
music choices.
http://www.phoenixfm.com/boa/podcast.php

There are others (there is a massive Scottish podcasting scene which
you may already know about) ask if you want more recommendations,
podcasts are the way forward), but if anyone on the list is looking
for more to supplement their listening, these fan-based jobs might
be worth a listen. For my part, I'm grateful to Phil for providing
another new source (but can you do a podcast of it too?!)

DC