Song Searches from Peel Shows

dunelm61 dunelm@...
Sat May 13 12:04:13 CEST 2006

I wonder if someone might be able to help me identify a song I heard
on the John Peel Show some time in the late seventies. It was sung in
what I can only describe as a high-pitched Irish warble, sounding a
bit like that bloke from the Assembly. If memory serves, I think the
song began with the lyrics: "Teenage dreams so hard to beat, every
time she walks down the street". Unless I'm very much mistaken, the
song alluded to the Sin of Onin.

I'm pretty sure Peel played the record on more than one occasion,
although I was never able to catch the name of the artist or the song.

Thank you for your help.

Facetious Twat.