[peel] uploading music

Martin Wheatley martinwheatley@...
Mon Feb 27 01:43:11 CET 2006

At 23:30 26/02/2006, you wrote:

 >Perhaps not unrelated to the debate about peel sessions on ebay, I've
 >had many members wishing to receive copies of the cd's of peel stuff I
 >put together, and am happy to oblige. However, life would be simpler
 >if I could just upload it all so you could pick at it like apples on a
 >tree! Anyone know how to do it? Surely if we were all able to upload
 >the taped sessions etc this would eliminate the market for
 >bootleggers?
 >OK - you are ahead of me here - a copyright minefield lies ahead.
 >Michael

Well there are sites (or one I know anyway) that puts sessions up but there
is a
greater level of risk than with progs since some of the sessions belong to
record companies or the artist themselves rather than the BBC.
While that is true of the stuff in the progs too that is less focused and
harder to find and of less interest to someone using a search engine using
a specific
artist name to find copyright violations

The bootleggers exist because there seem to be a lot of people without
the basic common sense to put Peel in a search engine and ask in the
relevant group
Most people who ask do get helped but usually offlist (or so rumour has it)

martinw