Festive 50s

nwobble nwobble@...
Wed Feb 8 15:37:23 CET 2006

Well, we have finished collecting them now, and the bloke who's
project it is has been busily compiling all the tracks. Don't know
how long he'll be doing this, but could go on for weeks, even months.

Thank you very much to all who contributed.

We noticed a few anomolies along the way, found on the rocklist
website, and I've got him to compile them:

1977 Ranking Trevor - Truly
1981 Heaven 17 - (We Don't Need This) Fascist Groove
Thang
1983 Sophie & Peter Johnson - Television Satellite
1984 Yeah Yeah Noh - Bias Binding
1987 Bhundu Boys - Waerera (My Foolish Heart)
1987 The Beatmasters Featuring Cookie Crew - Rok Da
House
1989 Inspiral Carpets - This Is How It Feels
1990 The Orb - A Huge Loving You
1991 Bongwater - Nick Cave Dolls
1992 Dr Devious And The Wisemen - Cyber Dream
1992 The Drop Nineteens - Winona
1992 DHH - Television, The Drug Of A Nation
1993 New Bad Things - I Suck
1993 Boo Radleys - Barney (...And Me)
1994 ROC - The Girl With The Crooked Eye
1996 The Fall - Cheetham Hill
1996 Belle & Sebastian - The State I Am In
1996 Aphex Twin - Girl/Boy Song
1996 Force And Styles - Fireworks
1996 Tiger - Race
1997 - The '19 that were not broadcast' is nonsense.
They were broadcast on that night but were not part of
the festive 50, and should be ignored.
1998 The Delgados - Everything Goes Around The Water
1998 Solex - Solex All Lickety Split
1998 Evolution - Rebel Without A Pause (Whipped Cream
Mix)
1998 Spiritualised - Oh Happy Day
1998 Solex - One Louder Solex
1998 Mercury Rev - Goddess On A Hiway
1999 Broadcast - Echo's Answer
2000 PJ Harvey - This Mess We're In
2000 Boards Of Canada - In A Beautiful Place Out In
The Country
2000 PJ Harvey - The Whores Hustle And The Hustlers
Whore
2000 The Cuban Boys - Theme From 'Prim And Proper'
2000 GZM - Fresher Than The sweetness In Water
2000 Orbital & Angelo Badalamenti - Beached
2001 Ballboy - I've Got Pictures Of You In Your
Underwear
2002 Cranebuilders - Your Song
2002 Boom Bip & Dose One - Mannequin Hand Trapdoor
Reminder
2003 Melt Banana - Shield For Your Eyes A Beast In The
Well Of Your Hand
2003 Golden Virgins - Renaissance Kids
2003 Grandmaster Gareth - Dr Dre Buys A Pint Of Milk

At times, the errors have been copied over from (or to) the BBC
website, but these are the tracks as we believe they should be.

eg. Orbital & Angelo Badalamenti - Beached - is "Orbital - Seached"
on the rocklist website