Hello? Izzis thing on?

Sean Carolan hubcity@...
Tue Dec 19 13:47:25 CET 2006

Martin,

...which may explain why the announcement I send (once, maybe twice a week!)
and Marcelle's honestly-far-more-on-topic announcement once a week, account
for most of the traffic.

I fear the group is a victim of good intentions and lousy follow-through on
the part of the folks who've joined.  Many, I think, want to hear about new
and interesting things - but not necessarily talk about them.
Unfortunately, that creates a group where little attention is paid.

I'd like to hear more specifics what people think about the songs played on
Tom's show - people are listening, right? ...and about Marcelle's - again,
people are listening, right?  The same goes for Dandelion Radio, which I
actually wish would post more to the group - a reminder of the URL,
specifically, would be good for a start.

Or are people thinking that it's nice to know these things exist, but don't
actually take the time to listen?  (A failing that, I'm afraid, I must admit
to - though I'm finally catching up with the times and getting an iPod to
fill with time-shifted shows and carry around, for more catching-up time...)

There are actually a lot of places for the Peel-loving iconoclast to get
their fill of iconoclasm - ground zero at the moment being WFMU (though Rob
Da Bank's Christmas show this past Sunday was a hell of a lot of fun.)  Of
course, none of them are Peel, but if he were here to see us dwelling in the
past he'd be horrified.

Let's look to the future, and not necessarily in a way that keeps trying to
answer the question "what would Peel do?", but in a way that answers the
question "what's worth hearing?" Ironically enough, I believe answering the
latter satisfies the former.

-Sean
 Altrok Radio

  The snag being that people who do add this list and no doubt many
  others to their general email groups are unlikely to actually
  read the list and so won't see your message!

  martinw