[OT] [Altrok] Update #139: New Tracks and Unearthed Classics, As Always...

hubcity@... hubcity@...
Mon Dec 4 13:52:51 CET 2006

Folks,

Firstly, the important stuff:

Altrok Radio is at http://www.altrokradio.com

Please remember to tune in whenever you can - every hour you listen turns into more visibility for the station; we show up higher in search listings, and such like that.  And if you'd like to help us keep the stream running, check out the advertisers if they appeal to you; your interest actually helps fund us.

By now you've noticed that Altrok Radio has commercials.  You probably also realize that's a necessary evil - the commercials keep the cost of running the web station manageable.

But what you may not realize (primarily because you probably stop paying attention the moment the commercials come on) is that there's also a subscription service that lets you hear Altrok Radio without commercials.  That's your benefit, it's true, but there's another benefit - you help to directly support the station when you listen as a VIP member.  Essentially, every minute you listen translates into money to keep the lights lit at Altrok Radio.

There's no need to dig into your pocket change if you haven't got it to spare - to me you're a listener first and foremost.  But if you do feel that ridding yourself of some filthy lucre would somehow make you a better person in some way, who am I to object?

Here's the link to sign up (and I get a kickback if you use it, by the way):

http://www.live365.com/rewards/pm?tag=muddychannel

So there you go - again, it's optional, but oh, what an option...eh?

This week, our Grinders (the stuff we play heavily) include music from:

 - The Grates
 - Cold War Kids
 - Middle Distance Runner
 - The Magic Numbers
 - Yes Boss
 - David Vandervelde

Plus we've got newly-added music:

 - Neal Casal - Sleeping Pills In Stereo
 - Depeche Mode - Martyr
 - The Gossip - Listen Up [mstrkrft remix]
 - The Jealous Girlfriends - The Pink Wig To My Salieri
 - Little Man Tate - House Party At Boothy's
 - The Long Blondes - Once And Never Again
 - Milburn - Brewster (feat. Billy Bragg)
 - Mouthful Of Bees - The Now
 - The Ordinary Boys - Lonely At The Top
 - Protokoll - Sunken
 - Robbers On High Street - The Fatalist
 - The Shins - Phantom Limb
 - Whitey - Non Stop
 - The Wombats - Moving To New York

Our Newly-Added Classics:

 - The Bigger Lovers - Threadbare
 - The Lyres - I Want To Help You Ann
 - Madness - Embarrassment
 - The Pretenders - Precious (Demo)
 - Lou Reed - Dirty Blvd.
 - Siouxsie And The Banshees - Happy House
 - The Sound - Contact The Fact
 - Super Furry Animals - Hello Sunshine
 - Wire - Three Girl Rhumba

As always, thanks for listening!

- Sean Carolan
  Altrok Radio
  On your computer now at http://www.altrokradio.com
  On the radio Fridays at 10pm, at 90.5 The Night