The Great Alan Freeman

thebarguest thebarguest@...
Fri Dec 1 23:04:29 CET 2006

Along with JP, AF was an "alternative" educator for me, at the
age of 15, 16, 17. Yes, he was an advocate of the dinosaurs after
the sell-by-date of some, but I remember hearing "See No Evil"
(Television) and "Goodbye Toulouse" (Stranglers) for the first time,
on his Rock Show, in early 77. I think he was very open-minded
musically. His patter and classical music link-jingles were unique
and just as enjoyable as the playlist.
John Peel, Alan Freeman, Tommy Vance ....   all gone but never
forgotten, partly thanks to those enlightened enough to tape some of
their shows in full .......

Yours etc.,
Parry Thomas