[peel] Peel Day

robfleay@... robfleay@...
Tue Sep 20 11:21:00 CEST 2005

> Peel would be horrified

It's a weird one isn't it?

Here in Derby there has been a quite high profile gig organised with a line-up of bands I consider to be pretty poor. A mix of NME haircut bands and the stock local middle of the road "tight-rockin' combo's" that play every week down the pub to their mates and won't ever get any further on account of them being bereft of any originality. In other words a line-up of bands that I'm sure Peel would have not been impressed by.

There was brief talk of a counter-event featuring bands from the East Midlands who were played regularly on Peel - but it was felt that the argument about "new music" would win out and we'd be accused of living in the past�again not something that Peel would have endorsed

I guess it's fitting tribute to the man that even now you can't second guess what he might have thought about any given occurrence

So I stopped worrying about it!

Email sent from www.ntlworld.com
Virus-checked using McAfee(R) Software