[peel] Re: Morley on 'Peel's Box Of Secrets'

rockerq@... rockerq@...
Sun Sep 18 23:58:04 CEST 2005

> : "Pretentious, moi ?"
> Be fair         Anthony & The Johnsons have redefined the term and Morley
> is a mere amateur in comparison

All I know about Anthony & the Johnsons are the tracks Huw and Rob have
played - I assume this "pretension" comes across in their interviews or something?
I quite liked the tracks I've heard, anyway! - reminded me of early Smiths.

For some years now I've not bothered reading the music press - (or actually
any press at all save bbc and rotten on the net) - so for most acts I remain
blissfully unaware of whether they are wankers or not. This generally does not
detract from my enjoyment of the music - after all Peel played The Fall for 26
years!

Cheers!

Rocker