Interesting mail from Ken Garner

Neil Jenkins neil_jenkins.geo@...
Mon Sep 5 16:13:29 CEST 2005

Hi All,

Sent a "how are you doing" message to Ken Garner some time ago after the issue of his well being cropped up in the group.  The message below is him getting back to me in response to it.

I've had the mail a while but have only just got round to doing anything with it other than read it!

Maybe the contents are old news for some of you.

"Garner, Ken" wrote:
Subject: Your enquiry about me
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 14:20:22 +0100
From: "Garner, Ken"
To: "Neil Jenkins"

Dear Neil Jenkins

I have belatedly found your message, to me at an old home e-mail I no longer use, on my return from being away in Australia earlier this summer. I am going strong, fully pre-occupied with my university teaching job here these days. In Session Tonight seems long time ago (well, it was!) in a different life. There may well be an end to questions about a second edition this Autumn, when the BBC launches its Peel tribute website, which will digitise and update to John's death the full session listings, among many other things (I know this because the people making have been on to me to check things they are copying over. In theory with the book being out of print, and as I have sceured the rights back to me, I could demand some money for this copying, but I do not think that would be right in the circumstances and I do no intend to hinder this website project, but I am not contributing either.

Anyway, that's an update,

Ken Garner

~

Ken Garner