[peel] Re: John's Record Box

markbursa@... markbursa@...
Mon Oct 31 23:19:14 CET 2005

>>There lies the difference between us I think. I can't
forget  Blind Date or Surprise Surprise or Cilla's
flagwaving for the Tory  party.... and you can.<<

No, not at all. Dreadful programmes, dreadful politics. But a good two
decades after Cilla was on the radar as a pop singer, so irrelevant to my  judgment
of a 1960s pop single. At least Cilla stopped making records and went  off
into general entertainment. Unlike some from the era, who continue to  inflict
piss-poor music on us.

>> But Alfie is still a great  record.<<

By any yardstick.

Mark