[peel] Re: John's Record Box

markbursa@... markbursa@...
Mon Oct 31 15:20:50 CET 2005

>>You've clearly got a thicker skin than me...  for
instance, I vastly prefer Cilla Black singing Alfie to
Dionne Warwick  and I'm still somewhat embarrassed
about that, given how horrible the rest of  Cilla's
professional output has been. <<

Why have a problem with that? Cilla was no less "cool" than Sandie Shaw  in
the 60s - don't be infulenced by the fact that one of them did Blind Date in
the '80s while the other recorded Smiths covers....

Gary Glittter is an odious paedophile, but it doesn't make Rock 'n' Roll
part 2 any less fantastic a record.

Mark