[peel] Re: Radio 6 - good news

Eddie Duffy eddie.duffy@...
Fri Oct 28 12:46:53 CEST 2005

I've just listened to the online version of episode  and compared it to
my full version, and it seems you're right, Chris. Interestingly, apart
from Joy Division's "24 Hours", which was almost totally edited out, the
lengths of the other tracks played appear to be exactly 29 seconds. This
length seems pretty suspicious, as I seem to dimly recall that royalties
are only payable when more than 30 seconds of a particular track are
played. (If that it true, it must hit Napalm Death pretty hard.)

Even in the full version of the show, though, the tracks are not played
in full, but faded out after two or three minutes. Still, on first
listen it seems that all the chat has been left in, which is after all
the most important part.

Eddie.