[peel] Bugger BBC4 Peel

Martin Wheatley martinwheatley@...
Thu Oct 27 16:54:59 CEST 2005

At 14:56 27/10/2005, you wrote:

 >cannon alan wrote:
 >>  I noticed BBC4 were having a Peel night from 9 at
 >> about 8.30 but didn't know anyone who gets it. The
 >> website is decidedly unforthcoming as to content but
 >> he does crop up in a prog on Robert Wyatt broadcast
 >> 19th Sept. My TV guide suggests that it has previously
 >> unseen footage including the Fall (rare to see them on
 >> telly). Looks like BBC4 could do with a an extra
 >> webworker . Is the prog retrievable/will it be
 >> repeated?
 >
 >If you're quick, you can view what was shown here:
 >
 >http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/listings/index.shtml?day=yesterday&service_id=4544
 >
 >Dave.

I didn't see any of it but looking in the Radio Times ......

The half hour documentary 'Dear John' is new and will no doubt be repeated
very soon as most BBC4 progs are but it's not on again up till the end of
next week.

The Fall prog is presumably the documentary from a few months ago which has
been shown a number of times on BBC4 and I think also BBC2

The 3rd prog 'In Session Tonight' (where have I heard that title before!)
looks like it is just a compilation of past tv perfomances by bands that
Peel liked without any direct Peel involvement.

In short it looks even more cobbled together than 6Music's Peel coverage!

martinw