[peel] Re: A Question Of Balance

Phil Edwards festive50@...
Fri Oct 7 23:59:58 CEST 2005

I was going to post something on the lines of "and your point being" and
then I remembered the postees ID (Diamondgeezer)
Who has in the past posted the following :-

Once again the great Radio One 'Rock' DJ airs his self promoting
arrogant and ignorant opinion of so called prog rock.He doesnt like
it but still earns money narrating documentarys about. 'middle class
grammar boys' problem with that Peely?
Why not stuck to your boring bands like The Fall and keep your in
with your indie fans most of whom are too old themselves to have any
influence on modern music.The Festive 50 how pretentious and over
played is that.
One other thing. is your contract with the BBC until you die? it
certinaly seems that way.A great reason to abolish the fee.

Thats your opinion.But my problem with peel is when he crops up on
every oppurtunity to give his anti ELP opinion.if he hates them so
much then do one and go off and listen to  'Teenage Kicks- greatest
song of all time ha ha ' as for you mate where are the great Punk
Legends now. I give you Mr J Rotten - i'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of
Here- Thats funnier than Spinal Tap !!
Punk is long dead. prog has continued because it has embraced the new
technology that it originally created. thicko punks couldnt have done
that

What a fantasic article about Mr Peel (nee Ravenscroft) in the
Evening Standard this week.
"like Tony Blair his' pretty straight kinda guy' persona rings false
because behind the interminably wry, self effacing exterior lies a
cynical oppurtunist with a major pulic school education,
whose "hipness" doesnt prevent him from presenting insincere, insipid
hinterland-before-senility trash, nor voicing just about any and
every TV ad and docu soap series hes offered"
Umm, seems i'm not alone then !

I'm afraid that this sad person hasn't got over the demise of prog.  rock or
he is, what is known in the cyber community as a "troll".
Anyway, I'd just ignore him, as he knows not what he posts.

Phil

I wouldn't bother