[peel] Digest Number 1150

Tom Roche troche@...
Sat Nov 26 22:56:35 CET 2005

At 3:28 PM +0000 11/26/05, martin wrote:
>  >is still clearly at a low encoding rate and I wonder of the CD dubs
>  >are of higher quality. Anyone?
>
>  >
>  >tom r
>
>This was an AM broadcast in Europe with all the signal interference that
>entailed.    High quality didn't arrive until FM

Right, and Peel's links range from barley readable to just
passable.... but the reconstructed/reinserted songs are much much
better but still of varying quality. Some are CDs the guy who rebuilt
it clearly owned, some are poor quality MP3 grabs. And all are in
mono.

Of course the 1968 show went in mono; I'm just wondering if anyone
who has this on 5 CDs feels it sounds better than the downloads from
here http://www.jonhorne.co.uk/jptapes/perfumedgarden.html