Uncut Magazine Tribute

troche@... troche@...
Sun Nov 20 03:28:51 CET 2005

Yes, as far as I can tell only The Whites and Laura Cantrell (and her husband) and I were the only Yanks whom made it over. And I must say I am forever grateful to Phil for putting up a potentially annoying American he did not know for a night or two on such short notice.

By the way, some of you may recall I wrote up a piece for a local muisc freebie about Peel's life aqnd funeral - I posted it here if you want to dig it up as it is no longer on line elsewhere. Now it has been picked up my a major annual music anthology "Da Capo Best Muisc Writing 2005." Weird being in a book alongside Washington Post and New Yorker writers. Talk about crashing a party.

I am standing in front of an unfamiliar mac laptop at the Mac store in Santa Monica California as I write this, 2 blocks from thye Pacific... just caught a lovely sunset. So sorry about all the wonky typos. And thanks again Phil. I trust you have quit smoking by now. The more sunsets the better, right mate?

tom (usually of atlanta)