[peel] Digest Number 1143 (Record Box)

John Gray jt.gray@...
Sat Nov 19 17:08:19 CET 2005

From: peel@yahoogroups.com [mailto:peel@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: 19 November 2005 14:32
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [peel] Digest Number 1143

           From: simon smith <moomin@...>
           From: Daniel Barrell <dbarrell@...>
           From: Richard Fewster <r.fewster@...>
           From: "nwobble" <nwobble@...>
      5. Re: Galactic Symposium
           From: "Andrew Dean" <koogy@...>
      6. Re: Re: Galactic Symposium
           From: John Bravin <john.bravin@...>
      7. Re: Record Box
           From: rockerq@...
      8. Re: Galactic Symposium
           From: festive50@...
      9. Mark E Smith reads the football results!!
           From: "hammieweb" <gpwebster@...>
     10. Peel Server - Enrol
           From: hangthedj <hangthedj@...>
     11. Re: Re: Uncut magazine tribute CD
           From: festive50@...
     12. Re: Re: Uncut magazine tribute CD
           From: Martin Wheatley <martinwheatley@...>
     13. John Peel's Record Box
           From: "dunelm61" <dunelm@...>
     14. Re: Galactic Symposium
           From: Richard Fewster <r.fewster@...>
     15. RE: Mark E Smith reads the football results!!
           From: "Paul Webster" <paul@...>

Message: 1
   Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 14:43:33 +0000
   From: simon smith <moomin@...>
Subject: Re: Trevor Dann in The Word...

In message <dlkhr8+iiu5@...>, hammieweb
<gpwebster@...> writes
>BTW isn't Paul Gamboccini originally from Canada? & I always thought JP
>liked The Sugarcubes but didn't care for Bjork's solo work (in which
>case I agreed with him).

'Kid' 'Kid' Jensen is Canadian. I remembering Peel describing the
Sugarcubes as reminding him of 1960s 'arts lab wankery', or something of
the kind.
He did play Birthday' of course', the results of which must have annoyed
him.

--
simon smith

--

Message: 2
Funny that I was just listening to the 1988 F50 and number 20 is The
Sugurcubes 'Deus'.  That's 4 places higher than Big New Prinz.

--

Daniel Barrell
EMBL - The EBI

Message: 3