Mark E Smith reads the football results!!

hammieweb gpwebster@...
Sat Nov 19 16:13:41 CET 2005

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Webster" <paul@s...> wrote:

> > I kid you not
> > I think Mr Peel would say this is going to be far better to watch
than
> > that awful Hall Of Fame thing
> FYI - that awful Hall Of Fame thing is repeated tonight (on More4).
> I recorded the original broadcast. Much of the Peel piece is from the
> "Record Box" programme. It is the last few minutes of the show -
just after
> the stumbling rear end of Ozzy Osbourne.
>
> Paul

Perhaps I shouldn't have said "that awful Hall Of Fame thing" because
I didn't even watch it! (I did watch the Record Box prog & enjoyed it)
I only talked to John Peel twice so I can't say I knew him but I think
he would have really hated to be in anything like the UK Hall Of Fame.
I listened to the Home Truths special about him & his family seemed to
think he'd have really enjoyed having a train named after him!!

Graham