[peel] Galactic Symposium

festive50@... festive50@...
Fri Nov 18 21:15:00 CET 2005

It wasn't that show Richard. I've just played it. Hbis exact comments
afterward were:-
"At any time, night or day, I can tell you where that record is. I never
let it out of my sight. The note that accompanied that originally back in
1979; The Galactic Symposium was formed by mistake, early in 1979.
On the other side of that is a version of Pink Floyd's Money, which is
nearly as good, but it's the sax solo really I think, that beats all in
that. But what a great track, and how I wish they'd done more"

That is verbatim but the punctuation's mine, which John would have been
horrified but that is how it scans.

Phil (The Pedantic archivist)
P.S.
I bet there's hundreds of "Peel Tapers", out there, kicking themselves for
editing their tapes and missing the absolute gems.
I must admit I nearly fell into that trap when I started taping his shows
in 1987. However, being a pedant, and playing them time and time again in
order to make the compilation. I found that when I'd completed a tape, I
discovered tracks that warranted more hearings and I just couldn't bear to
wipe the originals.

P.P.S.
Apology to Stuart (List Owner). My main P.C. crashed, so don't have e-mail
addresses at present.

Peel Server is back on line. If any of my old clients(or new ones) wish to
enrol. Please e-mail me with subject heading - Peel Server - Enrol.
Server currently stands at 40 Gb (1100 files). NO CHARGE.
Also if anyone has any JP progs. Feel free to enrol and upload.