Galactic Symposium

Andrew Dean koogy@...
Fri Nov 18 18:15:04 CET 2005

> Hearing their inspired cover of YMCA from John's Record Box reminded me of a
> fairly recent show when he played it. I remember his comments were superb,
> describing the moment where the sax "player" fails to extract a noise from
> his instrument as one of the greatest moments in the history of recorded
> music! Hard to disagree I find...He also explained in hushed tones that the
> record was in his beloved box and was one of his most treasured in his
> entire collection.
>  Anyway, it would be great to hear this show again. Does anyone have it to
> hand by any chance? I think it's this one:
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/alt/tracklistings/peel_archive_shtml.shtml?20030828
>  Then I guess we could grab the song and the comments and replace the
> current version in the torrent with it.

i think the box's version came from that show but some, er, idiot edited out
the surrounding comments for the sake of brevity. i will ask, er, my friend
and see if he can do you a fuller version. i personally like the quotes
around the music (let's face it, john was as much as a draw as the records
he was playing) but some people prefer them clean so...

(is the emerlist davjack PROMO in the torrent? that has commentary by peel)

andy