[peel] Re: Uncut magazine tribute CD

hubcity@... hubcity@...
Thu Nov 17 22:40:59 CET 2005

> In message <E1EcSoE-000KP9-5V@...>, Andrew Dean
> <koogy@...> writes
>
> What a nice man that Jack White is. Were he and Meg the only Americans
> to go to Peel's funeral?

Don't remember hearing any others, but I woulda gone if I could...

Actually, since I came to know of Peel's on-air personality at a very late time
(around late 2002) a highlight for me was his "interview" with White.  Peel
seemed apologetic about it on air, but it tickled me to hear, essentially, a
couple of magnificent music geeks talking music and playing records for each
other.  It's one of those events that really brought his character home for me,
insofar as it's possible to know someone from what he says on the radio (or for
me, on the computer.)

-Sean