" .. and this one fades in quietly "????!!!!!!

phil philip_h@...
Thu Nov 17 08:42:38 CET 2005

 <Received my copy of the tribute CD today. Can I be pedantic about
the sub-title " .. and this one fades in quietly "?
 I remember John saying "This one fades in", or "this one starts
quietly", but "fades in quietly" sounds like the sort of tautological
faux-pas John would have been ashamed of.>

I'm just listening to some more of John's Finnish radio shows that
will will be offered for sharing quite soon. In a March 1990 show on
introducing De-Luxe by Lush he says this is "one of those that fades
in a trifle"

                                              Phil