Uncut magazine tribute CD

Andrew Dean koogy@...
Wed Nov 16 20:19:06 CET 2005

Steve Lloyd writes:

> HMHB on Peel Compilation (16/11/05)
>
> Half Man Half Biscuit will be featured on a free John Peel tribute CD
> given away with the January 2006 issue of UNCUT magazine (on sale
> December 1).
>
> The CD, titled JOHN PEEL'S FESTIVE 15, comprises 15 tracks which made
> Peel's annual Festive 50 listeners poll, including "The Trumpton
> Riots" which reached No 14 in 1986. The CD also includes The Wedding
> Present, The House Of Love, The Sugarcubes, Billy Bragg, Felt,
> Pavement, The Field Mice, The Woodentops, Camper Van Beethoven,
> Spizzenergi, Wah!, The Bhundu Boys, Robert Wyatt and The Fall.

thanks for the tip steve. one of these days we'll have a tribute cd similar
to one of his shows rather than this blandishment. i want 'Pedro the
Fisherman' sitting next to 'A Shield For Your Eyes...', Shitmat and Stella
Chiwesha...

yes, i'm back. haven't posted since 1999. joined the list when it was first
mentioned and then lost job and associated internet access about 3 months
later... the last couple of weeks, what with the book and radio shows (and
mr domestic empire) prompted me too look it up again. hello.

peel box documentary was nice. hadn't seen those wedding footage clips
before, the best man chasing the (four-legged) bridesmaid around the grass,
sheila looking radiant, rod talking to the aunt. and sheila in a vaults
t-shirt (book says john had planned to wear one when they got to macchu
picchu to give them a bit of publicity). Sounds Of The Suburbs repeat
anyone?

andy
(misuse of the word blandishment but you get what i mean)