all this talk of Peel lists....

hammieweb gpwebster@...
Thu Mar 31 21:26:58 CEST 2005

....made me think of when John celebrated his 40th birthday he played
40 tracks to mark the occasion.  I don't think he said it was his all-
time favourites but something close.  Since, in August 1979, I was
only 15 I'd never heard of most of them but there was a few punk
classics including Magazine's "Shot By Both Sides" (I think!!) who
were the 1st band I ever saw at King Georges Hall, Blackburn 17th
April 1979 (supported by Simple Minds!! who were also played by Peel
in those days).  I've never seen anyone refer to this list of 40
tracks on this forum.  Can anyone shed any light on this?  Please
don't say I dreamt this up!!!
    I think Decoration are a great band, my favourite LP of last year
was by McLusky and I'm really looking to the Peel Sessions box set by
The Fall.  I think that covers the old/new music situation!

Graham