[peel] The Prats

Neil Jenkins neil_jenkins.geo@...
Wed Mar 30 10:23:20 CEST 2005

That's the point I was trying to make (really) with John Peel.  I heard so much music for the first time on his shows, whether it was a day old or 60 years old.  Like you say, John, if you hear something for the first time then it's new for YOU.

Don't sulk off with your tail between your legs, John (although that's an image I rather wish you hadn't given me) since your point is just as valid as Rob Strong's (who appears to have lit the blue touch paper and retreated to a safe distance!).

Just mix it up, like John Peel did, that's all I say.

John Bravin <john.bravin@...> wrote:
OK OK we'll be silent for a while, but not before pointing out that even
old music is new music if you haven't heard it before.  Peel appreciated
that more than most with his re-airing of old vinyl.  I mentioned the
Automatics single not because it was old or obscure but because,
although it still sounds fresh today and was every bit as good as
Teenage Kicks (IMHO), it is rarely (never) played.

And although I'm not the first to point out the similarity between
Tendency by Battle and A Forest by The Cure, if you've just discovered
one then you might well like the other, even though they're 25 years
apart...