The Wedding Present North America tour...

Made of Ale madeofale@...
Fri Mar 25 19:52:17 CET 2005

A little bird sent me this and I thought it might interest the North
American Peel brethren... if it's not appropriate to the list let me know
and I'll know better next time!  PS: anyone interested in going to the San
Francisco gig?  -m

NORTH AMERICAN TOUR 2005

The Wedding Present are about to begin their first North American tour
since 1996 with the line up of: David Gedge (guitar & vocals), Terry de
Castro (bass), John Maiden (drums) and Simon Cleave (guitar); Simon was
a member of the previous Wedding Present line up in the mid-late
nineties, and he and Terry have played with Cinerama since shortly after
their inception. John Maiden joins the band from Chungking. There are
quite a few dates so, in order to keep this newsletter brief, we're
simply going to list them all below. We understand that lots of people
already know about the tour because the dates have been on various web
sites for a while, but we wanted to make sure we had all the correct
information before sending out this newsletter. Please note that venues
can change at the last minute so please check with the venue before
travelling.  The Wedding Present respectfully request that, for the
comfort of band and audience members, you refrain from smoking in the
concert hall and around the merchandise selling area. Thank you for your
co-operation.

North America Dates / Advance Ticket Prices

April 2005

14 LOS ANGELES, CA Troubadour $15.00
15 SAN FRANCISCO, CA Slim's $14.00
17 SEATTLE, WA Neumo's $14.00
18 VANCOUVER, BC Red Room $17.00
21 MINNEAPOLIS, MN 400 Bar $15.00
22 MADISON, WI Luther's $12.00
23 CHICAGO, IL Double Door $15.00
24 CHICAGO, IL Double Door $15.00
25 KALAMAZOO, MI Kraftbrau Brewery $10.00
26 TORONTO, ON Lee's Palace $15.00
27 MONTREAL, ON Cabaret $17.50
28 BOSTON, MA Middle East Down $15.00
29 NEW YORK, NY Bowery Ballroom $15.00
30 HOBOKEN, NJ Maxwell's $15.00
May 2004

1 WASHINGTON, DC Black Cat $15.00
2 PITTSBURGH, PA Warhol Museum $12.00
3 CLEVELAND, OH Beachland Ballroom $12.00
4 COLUMBUS, OH Little Brothers $12.00
5 CINCINNATI, OH Southgate House $12.00
6 INDIANAPOLIS, IN The Patio
7 ST. LOUIS, MO Blueberry Hill $15.00
8 LAWRENCE, KS Bottleneck $13.00
10 DENVER, CO Bluebird $11.00 D.O.S $13.00
12 TUCSON, AZ Plush $10.00
13 SAN DIEGO, CA Belly Up $15.00
14 LOS ANGELES, CA The Roxy $15.00
15 SAN FRANCISCO, CA Great American $14.00

North American Tour Supports

The Crystal Skulls in April and on May 1st.
The Organ from May 2nd onwards.

Extra Supports
The Jet Age - May 1st [first of three]
Caseworker - May 15th [first of three]

The Wedding Present was one of Britain's most influential and successful
alternative bands for a decade onwards from the mid eighties, and one of
the few to have remained true to itself. For Gedge it will be full
circle, promoting a new Wedding Present album almost 20 years after he
started out. For further information and merchandise, please visit
www.theweddingpresent.net

Enjoy The Ride

The Wedding Present