Bass or radio?

Marcelle van Hoof mar.celle@...
Wed Mar 23 23:19:01 CET 2005

Dear all, let me say this first, as i got loads of mails about this
yesterday: I won't stop doing Another Nice Mess.. I said this as a kind
of joke at the end of the show, I was a bit of a hysterical woman at the
end with that job being offered and also mails about some echo during
the broadcast., I think my two hour show every week is not a fulltime
weekjob..Unfortunately, though  as I would like to play new exciting
records on the radio a couple of times a week..so if anyone can give me
this job I will quit playing bass  :-)
I love doing the programme and get so many good reactions every week you
can't imagine how  fortunate I feel to be doing this, sharing creative,
exciting, adventurous and moving music is one of the most beautiful
things in life for me; some people even wrote that I should a fill a
Peel slot..And as we all know that is by far the best compliment you can
give to a programmemaker, well me anyway..
There is even be a website now, www.anothernicemess.com
<http://www.anothernicemess.com/>  not really functioning yet because we
are struggling with some technical things, and Neil and especially Made
of Ale from this site are helping a lot, Made of Ale is even realising a
listen again link on the site, so you could listen all week to the show
(while I'm playing bass.  :-) ) . The site should be functioning in a
couple of days.!

Concerning the Peel tapes et cetera I have: I have to sort them out but
as listeners to my show might know I buy/get so many records every week
that I prefer listening to the new stuff than sorting out old things,
even when they are Peel tapes. I don't know how many people from this
site buy loads of new music; I've got the impression that the majority
''collects'' Peel (and rightly so) but doesn't go into loads of record
shops every week listening to a pile of unknown records..so, please give
me more time concerning Peel (and of course there's even other things in
life as well, for me: walking on the beach, reading books, watching
films, practising Reiki, playing football with the other girls, and the
most important of all: love..
Okay, this might be a too long mail, but sometimes I just can't stop.
But now I will: I bought some 30 techno 12-inches last week; have to
listen to 'm now... (or shall I practice bass?? :-)) Love to everyone!