Festive 50 collection offer

Stuart McHugh stuart@...
Sun Mar 13 17:06:13 CET 2005

>  > Proposition :- As a lot of this "sharing" mullarkey is somwhat dubious and
>>  to save the embarrassment of the "Lists"'s owner, we should set up an
>>  unofficial list for this activity. Everything else stays "on list"
>
>I was going to suggest this myself.
I'm not sure how much embarrassment this would cause me, since I
setup the Peel tape chain in the mid-90s (anyone out there part of
this?) which would have been as shaky legally as this - though with
the BPI and RIAA suing filesharers for vast amounts of cash  these
days it'd maybe to be better safe than sort... plus, the mechanics of
arranging to send DVDs out to private address etc might best kept off
what is essentially a public forum.
Sadly, I can't  participate myself - recently acquired a PC which was
*supposed* to contain a DVD burner, but i discovered that some cheeky
scamp had replaced the device with a read-only unit!
I won't say 'good luck' as obviously I can't endorse anything so
inherently wicked - and don't forget that filesharing & DVD burning
is killing music, and not the head-in-the-sand approach of the majors
to technology and their penchant for easy, gone-tomorrow manufactured
pop.
Cheers

Stuart