[peel] Peel Tapes

rockerq@... rockerq@...
Sat Mar 12 15:53:23 CET 2005

<< Never heard of Number One Cup before (nor since). >>

They were a fantastic indie guitar band - American, I think - I have at least
two of their singles!

So sad that so many of those fantastic groups that maybe only burned bright
for a couple of 7"s are forgotten now - I think that Peel was more important
for bringing those sorts of gems to our attention than all those bands who made
it bigger (ie got played on the Evening Session too!)

Of course Peel had probably forgotten them too as he was always more
interested in that pile of unheard stuff!

Rocker