[peel] Peel Tapes

Alan Ford alan@...
Sat Mar 12 02:15:24 CET 2005

> I'm slowly sorting through a box of Peel tapes; today I listened to a show
John
> did with Andy K from Glastonbury in 1993, and a show where John stood in
for
> Mark Radcliffe one night. Both are great throughout (and hilarious in
> places), although the recording quality is not great.

Someone has offered to transfer these tapes to MP3, but as they're not
complete shows I thought it would be a good idea to ask whether anyone else
has copies first.
I forgot to say that the show where John stood in for Mark Radcliffe was
broadcast on Mon 18th March 1996, with guests Number One Cup, Simon Armitage
and Lard. I condensed a 2-hour show down to a C90 by cutting out the news
and Simon's poems, etc. It ends with the jingle - "John Peel, missing you
already".
I've also got 45 unedited minutes of each show from 19th (guests Tripping
Daisy, Stuart Maconie) and 20th (Kalvin Party, Mark Lamarr, Lard again) on
each side of a C90.

If no-one else has more complete and/or better quality copies of these shows
then I'll take up my correspondent's offer to transfer mine.

Cheers

Alan

John Peel, missing you already