[peel] ''Dedicated to John Peel""??? / Radio Seagull Peel tribute

Neil Jenkins neil_jenkins.geo@...
Tue Mar 8 10:11:51 CET 2005

Ah, so much for my contribution! LOL

If it adds anything, the dedication reads: "Dedicated to the memory of John Peel".

Disappointingly, Bloc Party's "Silent Alarm" doesn't carry anything, despite the band saying publicly that they were proud to be one of the last bands/artists to receive John's patronage.

Ian Wilson <iangwilson@...> wrote:
Nice idea. The new Wedding Present album, "Take Fountain" has a Peel
dedication in the sleeve notes.

Ian.

> > When I was sorting out some music for my programme Another Nice Mess
> > (tuesdays 6-8 GMT, www.dfm.nu <http://www.dfm.nu/>   don't'miss it!! And
>
> > Phil stores it!) I noticed that the excellent Suicidal Birds album
> > (which can be won in a competition tomorrow) has the line Dedicated to
> > John Peel on the sleeve. I am wondering how many and which artists also
> > thank John on their sleeves, after he died. I know Mogwai do so on their
> > BBC Commissions cd, but do you have any other suggestions? Might be nice
> > idea to do a programme with only ''dedicated to john peel'' records in
> > it..

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT