Mentions of Peel

Jan Buxton janb@...
Sun Jun 26 19:58:29 CEST 2005

Chris Martin dedicated Everything's Not Lost to Peel mid-song last night.

And a new interview with Darren Hayman here,
http://www.hefnet.com/interview.htm
which includes the following,

"Last December the Britain's Largest Small Band played for the first
time in two years together in tribute to late John Peel. What did you
feel when you first learned that John Peel had died? How did it to feel
to play together again after such a long break? And (I know it's obvious
and probably senseless to ask but.) since Hefner hasn't officially split
up yet is the reunion still possible?

Me and my wife had just come back from a holiday and my dad told me. My
honest first thought was 'well that's my career fucked'. I know its bad
and selfish but sometimes you can't predict the way your mind is going
to jump. I genuinely miss him, I couldn't call him a friend but I've met
him enough times to know him as great company, and of course his impact
on my life as musician and a listener has been immense. People like me
wouldn't be able to function in this business without him.

It felt completely natural to play with Hefner again, like we'd only
stopped the day before. The other three guys are such fantastic
musicians, they make it so easy for me, they're so simple and focussed.
Having said that, no, no reunion planned. Jack's been going round
sayingwe'll get back together again for Thatcher's death."

--
Jan
http://spaces.msn.com/members/janb1982/