[peel] Re: we miss john peel - mtv2 europe

Neil Jenkins neil_jenkins.geo@...
Wed Jun 22 13:31:04 CEST 2005

It's funny ... I'd put "Marston's" originally, then when reading before sending decided it didn't look right, so changed it to "Marsten's" and decided that was no better, then went for "Marsden's" which looked marginally better so I pressed Send!

A clear example of how thinking doesn't help sometimes.

(Alan to group:  "Oh, so Neil thinks sometimes?!")

Your comment reminds me of a friend of mine (called Wayne, poor lad) who was rather pedantic by nature and would always mention the slightest thing that was incorrect, not quite true, etc.  One day at his mum's house (witnessed by another friend who was there at the time) Wayne was being typically pedantic about something or other and his mum, losing it, shouted "Oh Wayne, I'm sick and tired of your pedanticness!".

After a tense pause Wayne said, "Actually Mum, I think you'll find the word is pedantry".

cannon alan <ajcauk@...> wrote:

> Pint of Marsden's Pedigree please, mate!
>
> Neil

i think u'll find that's Marston's Pedigree
unless the hospital is putting its own brand out
petty i know but in my defence
i can only say peelie was a stickler for spelling
alanjc

Best regards,
Neil
www.neiljenkins.org