we miss john peel - mtv2 europe

thebarguest thebarguest@...
Tue Jun 21 21:18:23 CEST 2005

Yes, quite right Neil.

"Least favourite" is better than "worst" because the
latter implies that I don't like it. On the contrary,
I think its a good song. It's just that the overall quality
of JD's catalogue is more than good ie excellent.

Of course, this is only my opinion and not stated as
a "fact".

Plus, "Love Will ..." never got into a Festive 50 I
don't think .....

Now I'm here ..... Did JP choose his songs or was it his
producer, or a joint effort ?

tara

ps ever heard any pre-JD stuff (ie Warsaw) - it's really
hard and punky !

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, Neil Jenkins <neil_jenkins.geo@y...>
wrote:
> Do people dislike Peel Listerners?  I'd never thought of that as
possibility before.

> When someone says of a band or artist something like "their worst
song" I, by default, assume they actually mean "personally my least
favourite of their songs", and I did the same with thebarguest's
comment.  Musical taste is, of course, entirely subjective, and us
Peel Listeners should be as aware of that as anyone.

> thebarguest ... perhaps you could rephrase in future?  In return
for which we will be a little more understanding of people's
expression of opinion!  ;-)

> Incidently, "Love Will ..." is also my least favourite Joy Division
number!  :-)

> Jan Buxton <janb@e...> wrote:
> thebarguest wrote:
> > joy division - love will - their worst song
>
> Its this sort of plainly ridiculous statement that makes people
dislike
> music snobs/peel listeners.
>
> --
> Jan
> http://spaces.msn.com/members/janb1982/
>
> Best regards,
> Neil
> www.neiljenkins.org

> Yahoo! Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PCcalling worldwide with
voicemail