[peel] one bass, two bas, three bass, four bass.....

cannon alan ajcauk@...
Wed Jun 8 21:09:08 CEST 2005

the glitterband definitely did
apart from the Fall
who only had 2 drummers for a short time
83- 87 i think not sure
there was of course the grateful dead
as specified in the jeffrey lewis track
but didnt ginger baker have somebody in his army
hawkwind tried it at some point
and anyway (as u say)countless ensembles have had
percussion sections additional to the drummer or
doesnt that count
as for bassists
cant think of any but i can think why
with more than one bass u get confused as to who is
playing what
and then u play 'bum' note to check that you're in the
mix which soon results in getting chucked out of the
band
i'd be interested in doing some mutiple bass
experimental stuff if anybody wants to go that far
even if just to bang on about bass gtrsts
b4 i do list stop
alanjc