[peel] Re: More Peel Clips

simon smith moomin@...
Thu Jun 2 16:25:32 CEST 2005

In message
<8FF307C704FA2C4AAB8A3B526CE302C494CB3F@...>,
Jimmy Stepek <jstepek@...> writes
>Remind me about the 10th of August after I return from Zappanale!

I remember seeing a very old American interview with Peel which named
the Mothers of Invention as one of his favourite bands. I don't know if
he went on playing later Zappa tunes though. I heard him play old
Mothers stuff occasionally. I think he liked the doo-wop!
Not my cup of tea really (apart from the doo-wop), but there you go.
Strange man, but not as strange as Beefheart. He paid for Beefheart to
make Trout Mask Replica, so the world should be very grateful for that.

"If there has been anything in the history of popular music which could
be described as a work of art in a way that people who are involved in
other areas of art would understand, then Trout Mask Replica is probably
that work." JP

--
simon smith