[peel] Canadian CBC Arts Writer Places Stowmarket South Of London

simon smith moomin@...
Thu Jul 28 15:34:10 CEST 2005

In message <20050728121148.98027.qmail@...>,
Neil Jenkins <neil_jenkins.geo@...> writes
>I certainly never heard him play them.

I can assure you with absolute certainty that he did play some of their
early records, albeit with a somewhat grudging tone. I remember because
I liked U2 at the time (I was only 18) and was in dispute with certain
of my peers on the subject. When 'Boy' came out he remarked something to
the effect that the tunes sounded a bit better on LP than they had as
singles. In those days he still played a few records out of a sense of
obligation. He's never played any U2 since, I'm sure.

I'll wager my whole Captain Beefheart collection on it.

--
simon smith