[peel] Canadian CBC Arts Writer Places Stowmarket South Of London

Stuart Crow stu.crow@...
Thu Jul 28 14:00:16 CEST 2005

To:             	peel@yahoogroups.com
From:           	Tom Roche <troche@...>
Date sent:      	Wed, 27 Jul 2005 22:20:34 -0400
Subject:        	[peel] Canadian CBC Arts Writer Places Stowmarket South Of London
Send reply to:  	peel@yahoogroups.com

> Late DJ John Peel to join U.K. Music Hall of Fame
> Last Updated Tue, 26 Jul 2005 14:39:22 EDT
> CBC Arts
>
> http://www.cbc.ca/story/arts/national/2005/07/26/Arts/peel050725.html?ref=rss
> Over the years he introduced listeners to the music of David Bowie,
> Sex Pistols, Pink Floyd, U2, the Smiths and the White Stripes.

I was too young to be listening when U2 broke through, but one of the
pieces of Peel folklore I've picked up was that he couldn't stand U2
and didn't play them, never mind have them in for a session.

Which version is nearer to fact?

Stu C