Music Research

gerard_oleksik gerard_oleksik@...
Fri Jul 15 17:20:12 CEST 2005

Hello Group, I've got a request and I'm wondering if members of this
group might help me with it! I'm currently trying to find people to
take part in my research into how people listen to music both on and
offline. I'm doing my PhD at the University of Surrey and I'm
looking to interview people about the way they listen to and collect
music both on and offline. So far in my research I've spent a lot of
time in record shops asking people to take part in my research, and
some very interesting things have arisen about how people buy and
collect music offline, and I'm looking now to talk to people about
how they collect, search for and discuss music online.

Taking part in the research would involve being interviewed about
how, when and where you listen to music and what this means to you.
Interviews usually take between half an hour and an hour and can be
arranged at the interviewee's convenience. If you live in the
Surrey or London area of the UK interviews can take place in person,
elsewhere in the UK interviews can take place over phone or MSN.
This research is limited to UK residents.

Further information about the research, its methods and its aims and
objectives can be found at:

http://incite.surrey.ac.uk/gerard_pages/index.html

All information given during interviews will be confidential and
strictly for academic research purposes.

If you would like to take part in the research, or have any
questions please feel free to email me at g.oleksik@...

Thanks,

Gerard.