London 07.07.05

hangthedj hangthedj@...
Thu Jul 7 23:49:29 CEST 2005

I was evacuated from Kings Cross station, after that bomb hit. The
air underground was rank with smoke, people were being led from the
tunnels covered in soot and blood. On the surface 1000s of people
were on the streets, everyone trying to get away. But at this point
we still did not know what was happening, each bus stop was swamped
with people still trying to get to work. I headed toward Tottenham
Court Road on a back street. A few minutes later I heard a loud
explosion, that was the first sign we had that this was not was not
just an isolated incident. I carried on walking, but there was such
shock on the faces of the people coming the other way. People had
seen the bus explode in front of them. I heard one woman say she had
been pushed out of the way trying to get on that bus, only then to
see it explode. Now people did not know which way to go, as police
lines seemed to block every street. I found a way out of the centre
and walked home, avoiding all bus routes. Caught up with family and
friends, all safe. Through all of this people remained calm, they
talked to strangers and tried to make sense of the mess.