From something called contactmusic.com

Stuart McHugh stuart@...
Sat Jul 2 16:19:31 CEST 2005

>  > BRIGHT EYES star CONOR OBERST has apologised to fans who were offended by
>>  comments he made about the late British DJ JOHN PEEL and the Make Poverty
>>  History campaign while performing at last weekend's (24-26JUL05) Glastonbury
>>  Festival in southwest England.
>>

>OK so out of interest does anyone know what the ignorant drunken twat said?

he's supposed to have been so out of his face that his mumblings
weren't clear, but he did refer to John as a "cokehead" and
supposedly rolled his eyes when referring to him. he also had a go at
MPH.
but I also heard that he was making remarks about how Peel never
played his records. That's no great surprise - how many of the bands
selected to play the Peel stage were ever aired on the show? OK, it's
about new break through artists, I admit. OK, how many of the bands
on the Peel stage this were are so goddamned awful that they'd never
have been given airplay? Certainly struck me that they'd been
selected largely by the usual record company affiliations that get
bands festival slots - hardly in keeping with what you'd imagine a
"Peel Stage" would be all about.