[peel] From something called contactmusic.com

Garry Latham garry_latham@...
Fri Jul 1 20:46:17 CEST 2005

I don't know what he said, but I'm sure John would have been amused rather than insulted. Well he always said he refered the negative emails to the positive ones.

Tom Roche <troche@...> wrote:http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/bright%20eyes%20star%20apologises%20to%20glastonbury%20fans

BRIGHT EYES STAR APOLOGISES TO GLASTONBURY FANS

BRIGHT EYES star CONOR OBERST has apologised to fans who were offended by comments he made about the late British DJ JOHN PEEL and the Make Poverty History campaign while performing at last weekend's (24-26JUL05) Glastonbury Festival in southwest England.

 Oberst was headlining the event's John Peel Stage - named after the legendary disc jockey who died of a heart attack last year (04) - when he made a number of rude remarks that angered his audience.

 But Oberst claims he was so intoxicated during the show he can hardly remember it.

 In a statement, he says, "I would like to express my sincerest apology to the friends and family of Mr Peel for anything I said during our performance at Glastonbury.

 "I truly don't remember much of the show but have been informed since of what I said and it was way out of line and far from my real feelings.

 "I have nothing but respect for John Peel and his beautiful gift for sharing music. I never had the pleasure of meeting him but by all accounts he was an outstanding man and deserves much more respect than I showed. I am very sorry."
30/06/2005 01:50