Tom De-Lurks

Tom Roche troche@...
Fri Jan 7 04:47:27 CET 2005

Hello from over the pondŠ Yeh... I haven't posted in awhile. December
was a really busy month. Even Phil Edwards (who graciously put me up
when I traveled to Bury St Edmunds) claims I've been ignoring him,
even though I sent a postcard from LA, and then a note later from
Atlanta. Some people would pay handsomely to have me ignore them, but
Phil rides for free, LOL.

Anyway, I am late with this but the article I wrote about Peel for a
southeastern US music magazine was published a few weeks ago. In the
next e-mail I will post the entire story. It is a lot of tales you've
heard told before of courseŠ but it was written for a USA audience so
I have to go into occasional explanations of obvious stuff, how the
BBC works etc. A lot of friends here tell me they had no idea Peel
had lived in the USA for a time, began in radio here.

I've written a few other articles over the years but this was the
first time I got the cover story. See wot the cover looks like the at
http://www.stompandstammer.com . In fact the whole story is there on
the site but only for a few more days. It has a typo or two they
never fixed, so read the version I'll post here.

Stomp And Stammer is a freebie mag, and I have a few dozen copies, so
if anyone really wants to have and hold a copyŠ well I don't know
just how I'd work that outŠ. Costs me about $2.50, a pound and a
half, to mail you one. Write me offlist and maybe we can trade
somethingŠ a home burned HMHB disc maybe ha ha.

So. A new year. No Peel. Sucks.

Tom in Atlanta