Peel's replacement

spib2003 bill.spiby@...
Tue Jan 4 21:43:20 CET 2005

Here is a reply to a couple of questions I recently e-mailed to the
BBC (the second is not Peel related).

"The answer to both your questions is 'yes'.  We're going to continue
with a spot which features eclectic music, and many signed and
semi-signed bands.  We're also very pleased that OneMusic will be
integral to the development of the new spot.  It's never going to
replace John - no-one could - but we hope at least to continue to
bring
music from the fringes of good taste and style to the public."

Bill Spiby