Don't forget.........

festive50@... festive50@...
Mon Feb 28 23:39:43 CET 2005

.....Tomorrow night (Tuesday)18.00-20.00 GMT - Another Nice Mess with
Marcelle van Hoof, on Amsterdam radio 100 http://www.dfm.nu/
Unfortunately, the show is not archived.
There is a link on the site for a "Ripper" which works with winamp for
saving the stream, failing that, contact me (off list).
Apologies for banging on about this programme, but if you were a "real"
Peel fan, then I feel it my duty to inform you about this show. In the
same way I felt obliged to preach the "gospel according to Peel" to those
I met and found to have a "real" interest in music.
In the early days following John's sad passing, we were all doing a lot of
"head holding" and saying "what are we going to do now" (reminescent of an
early Spike Milligan Qn sketch).
Personally, I feel that now that we have Huw, Rob De B and now Marcelle
(some may even include Ras, but the jury's still out on that one), we have
much much more than we were entitled to expect. After all we now have 6
hours a week of "decent music". Between the 3 (possibly 4) of them, they
are truly "Keeping It Peel".
Personally, I find that's all I can manage (including the repeat
listenings), being an "old git" but having a young family.
Just to put Marcelle's show in perspective, Amsterdam radio 100, as I
understand it, is a collective of DJ's who "pay" the station to put on
their shows.
So, give it a whirl.
Phil